When you see armored vehicles, any person will always think that its purpose is relevant to the armed forces. While this is true in its nature, there are other ways these vehicles can be utilized. Not only are they made to life to serve as defense against military tirades, they are also useful in other sectors.
Why would non-military buyers be interested in acquiring armored vehicles for sale? In what other areas are these machines used outside of the military?
1. Construction – So many bulldozers, excavators, and other construction equipment are crafted to be armored to protect their operators from falling or flying debris.
2. Fire fighting – Fire engines used in hazardous material situations and airport fire-fighting are ideally armored to protect fire fighters should any explosions occur.
3. Emergency services – In the domestic scene, the police force may own armored vehicles, normally for use by their specific response units. In volatile zones, they are used as patrol vehicles, ambulances, riot-control vehicles, etc.
4. Prison transport – Armored vans and buses are used to transport prisoners to prevent and thwart escape attempts.
5. Banking – When it comes to valuable commodities, such as money coming from or going to banks, armored cars are the mode of transport to provide a defense against robbery attempts.
6. VIP transport – Important figures such as heads of state and other national leaders usually travel by means of these kinds of vehicles to protect themselves against kidnapping, ambush, and assassination attempts.
7. Tornado study – Since the best way to learn about tornadoes is to go right into their heart, armored vehicles are often specially enhanced and modified to equip them for chasing these violently rotating winds. Scientists can then take measurements while cocooned inside these protective vehicles.
Also somewhat military in nature, armored types of vehicles for sale sometimes go toward equipping internal security forces. These forces are also official in nature but they work to preserve peace, order, and freedom within their country. Most of the time, they do not quite run to the level of tracked military vehicles but the wheeled variety do just fine. Neither are they fitted with heavy duty weaponry. They work with less lethal armaments such as water cannons.
Unfortunately for some nations, these vehicles are sometimes also accessed by rebel forces, especially during a time of revolt or civil war. In addition, there are also buyers who are simply collectors or those who enjoy the look of an armored vehicle especially if it still bears a military appeal. At the end of the day, it's clear that the kind of technology they put into these machines has found many other uses outside of the military context.